lunedì 14 gennaio 2013

Linkedin Wrong Approach? Approccio Sbagliato?


English text first, to get the italian version scroll down.

La versione italiana è qui sotto: scorrere per trovare il testo in italiano.





I receive an invitation to join someone's Linkedin network, the standard formula which Linkedin offers as default. I confess: I tend to accept all the requests without any selection. Why not ? is my approach. Few seconds later I receive this Linkedin message: 

Good evening
if you ever desired to know more about social media and how they can be a resource for your business here the link you could appreciate. And if you want to know even more, write me without any consequence. 
Enjoy your week

Now that's the kind of message, and approach, I tend to define the worst you can choose.

For two reasons

1) we are living in the age of relationship and customization,
2) we are living in the age of wikipedia: that means "for free" Go-Giver.


What do I mean?

That standard messages are the worst first step you can use: why sending the basic Linkedin phrase to someone you do not know at all? It could be all right for a friend, although not too elegant, but for a stranger!? And are you really sure that using that formula -I'd like YOU to join MY network- are you making the best first impression?
ME  joining YOUR network? Why? What is in for me?

And the second message, for sure an automatic reply: are you sure that you are giving me value asking if I need more information about social network? Do you know me? What about if I'm an expert of web marketing? If you were would you like to be treated like a beginner?

And what are you implying with those words "without any consequence"? that I have to pay for? For what? For replying to an invitation you sent me?

Now, it seems to me that there are a lot of mistakes in this approach.

What about starting with a different invitation: I'll be very pleased if I could join YOUR network, if you could admit in YOUR network.... and a personal reply: thanks for accepting my invitation, you can consider me at your disposal for anything I can do for help. I noticed that you are working in this and this field and that you are an expert of this and this subject. Since my expertise is this one, if you need some hints just let me know...

An approach with a difference.... 
What do you think?



Versione italiana




Ho ricevuto qualche tempo fa un invito a collegarmi con una persona su Linkedin, quello standard con il messaggio in inglese. Ok. Ho accettato. Confesso lo faccio sempre, il mio approccio è "perché no?" c'è sempre da imparare e da crescere nell'allargare la propria rete. 
Passano pochi secondi e mi arriva un altro messaggio, questo che trovate qui



Buona sera
Se hai sempre pensato di approfondire la tua conoscenza dei social forse potrà interessati questo link.
Per ulteriori informazioni, senza alcun impegno, contattami. 
Ti auguro buona settimana

Mi ha fatto pensare questa vicenda perché ci trovo dentro una marea di errori
Per due semplici ragioni

1) stiamo vivendo nell'era della personalizzazione e della relazione
2) stiamo vivendo nell'era wiki, cioè della gratuità

E allora?

Allora vuol dire che mandare a uno che non conosci un messaggio standard per chiedergli di connettersi a te non è il massimo. Non è elegante neppure se è un amico ben noto, figuriamoci per un estraneo. E poi mi chiedi "vieni a fare parte della MIA rete"! La TUA rete? E perché mai? 
Non basta, ma mi mandi poi una risposta automatica apparentemente brillante in cui mi offri qualcosa. Ma cosa?
Il tuo servizio standard!
Che ne sai che io non ne sappia più di te? Non sia un guru di web marketing? E mi proponi di seguire un tuo link per esplorare il mondo dei social network? 

Poi cosa c'è di sottinteso in quel "senza alcun impegno"? Forse dovrei pagarti anche? Per aver risposto a un tuo invito?

E quel tu... sarò formale, ma iniziamo col piede giusto... diamoci del lei!

Troppi errori secondo me. Molto meglio un approccio alla rovescia.
Comincia a mandarmi un invito personalizzato nel quale magari mi chiedi
"sarei felice e onorato di poter entrare a fare parte della SUA rete Linkedin". 

E poi una risposta più personale:
"mi consideri a sua disposizione per ciò in cui posso darle una mano. Ho notato che è un esperto di questo e quello e che opera in questi settori qui. Interessante. Io ho maturato esperienza in questo campo e se posso esserle utile, lo sarò volentieri".

Tutto un altro inizio.
Che ve ne apre?








Nessun commento:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...